Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Tangled, the full review.

Tangled by Emma Chase

WARNING: Seeing as this is a review, there are spoilers in it. No shit. So please, if you don't want the book to be spoiled... go read it first! And then tell me what you thought about it in the comments section.

So... remember how I said that the writing style was annoying for me? Well, it continued to be annoying. THE WHOLE BOOK. ( If you don't know what I'm going on about, check my last post)
For the entire duration of this book Drew talks to me (the reader) and freaks the hell out of me. Again, this is just me. Other people might find this cool, fun or refreshing. I DO NOT.

Besides just because most women want to get inside the man brain doesn't mean we want to know
 e v e r y t h i n g
going on inside there, just the important stuff. Things we don't "already know". I don't need you to tell me guys think a lot about sex. We KNOW this.

One thing I will say about romance novels, at least contemporary romance novels in general tend to make the whole "falling in love" part of the books way to express. I want time to savour the relationships, to feel the connection, see the problems they get through. I want to actually feel like these people could be in -real life- love.

But enough ranting.

Apart from all this I still sort of like the story. It's the typical bad, skirt chasing boy falls for sweet girl. But I do like classic, story set ups they never fail to do me right. *wink, wink* (though this one almost manage to fail) It's nice to get a book from a mans POV, even if it is written by a woman. It's hard to find romance books where the main voice is a male one. So I can appreciate that.

Disagree with me? Like this book? Is there a book you'd like me specifically to review?
Leave a comment! I'd love to read from you (:

Love,

The CRR

No comments:

Post a Comment